How to implement an Always On™ design framework – a checklist
- Create a service catalog
- Assess and assign risk scores for existing applications a – new apps = higher risk/higher value – Legacy apps = lower risk/lower value
- Prioritize high value applications, next on high-risk apps
- Determine availability objectives and constraints for each business system.
- Leverage the service catalogue; identify volumes, establish budget
- Take the necessary time to document the details
Access these four considerations throughout every phase:
- Transaction Integrity
- Reference Data Consistency
- System State
- User Access
In the next seven posts, we will describe each step in detail. Watch this space!